Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Moment of Joy....



The picture is of Brenda and her daughter Natalie and their dog Luke. Luke had been missing since 10pm on Tuesday. Last night I received an email from Vicki telling me that Luke was missing and Brenda needed help. Vicki is a foster mom for Small Paws Rescue and she fostered my dog Sundance before he came into my life. I was ready to go last night but I wasn’t called into service until this morning. I had never met Brenda before but it didn’t matter because I knew she was in a panic. When I arrived Brenda was in tears and exhausted. Her daughter could barely move because she was so sore from walking the neighborhood looking for Luke. They had left flyers at every house for blocks and had plastered them everywhere they could. Something told me that we would find Luke today. Thanks to all their hard work a woman that had seen the flyer found out another lady had found a dog. She called Brenda’s house and told her not to get her hopes up but we couldn’t help it. Brenda and her daughter asked her questions. Was it a Bichon? Was he dirty? Was he neutered? YES, YES, YES! Brenda got the call from her husband Robert and daughter Natalie. IT’S LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!! I called Vicki immediately and everyone was screaming. Today was a good day… and I got to photograph a moment of joy.

No comments: